Those telltale signs you’ve been away too long:
1. 1. You’re pale
2. Your feet are actually getting used to close-toed shoes
3. You plan your trips around road traffic instead of wind patterns
4. You are starting to take running water for granted - hot water for dishes, tap running during teeth brushing, longer and longer showers – shame!
5. You start thinking it’s normal to blow dry your hair
6. You find yourself shopping and thinking of buying plug-in appliances!
7. You’re actually noticing fashion trends – that don’t involve Crocs.
8. You’re actually getting used to TV – with commercials!
9. You haven’t seen a hand tool in months
10. You forget what it feels like to sweat
11. You’ve migrated from rum punch to red wine as your drink of choice
12. The regal sunset, hidden behind the highrises of the city, has faded away and no longer plays a role in happy hour, or indeed your lives.
13. Sundowners? What?
13.5 You (I) really miss that connection with the sunset…. sigh